- This event has passed.
Athenaeum Online Art Class-WILD ABANDON IN SKETCHING AND WATERCOLOR— JILL BADONSKY
May 7, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Thursday, repeating until May 21, 2020
THURSDAYS, 10 AM–12:30 PM
APRIL 16–MAY 21 (6 WEEKS, 15 TOTAL HOURS OF INSTRUCTION)
ONLINE VIA ZOOM
Let’s get into that playful state that makes art possible. Using fleeting multimedia projections, poetry, music, the silly and absurd, you will be tricked into effortlessly colliding with your true creative voice without overthinking or scaring it away. Any perfectionistic tendencies, comparison to others, hesitancy, and/or immobilizing self-judgment will be terribly confused and ask to be excused.
You will experience:
• Ways to draw and use watercolor that defy self-doubt and crippling comparison
• The unleashing of a deeper creative voice through the cultivation of intuition and mindfulness
• What it’s like to generate a plethora of sketches in a short amount of time under the influence of an altered state of sketching
• How to make sketching and painting not only easier but relaxing, addictive, and even, I dare say, a blast
• The creation of at least three sketches you’ll want to frame, share with the world, or simply become
We are pleased to offer this class online using Zoom video conferencing. The hope is to mimic, as closely as possible, what normally happens in our classrooms at the Athenaeum. Of course it will not be exactly the same, but in this time when many of us are experiencing anxiety and isolation, our hope is to continue to provide enriching experiences of artistic growth and community building, just in a different format.
The technology to make this happen is actually surprisingly simple (imagine a group FaceTime or Skype meeting). You only need a computer (phone or tablet) with a camera, microphone, and internet connection and we are here to help you should you experience any technical difficulties.