Job Posted: April 22nd, 2021
La Valencia Hotel
ABOUT US: La Valencia Hotel has been an unforgettable destination since 1926 and a getaway for Hollywood elite in the Golden Era. Perched above the La Jolla Cove cliffs along the sparkling Pacific Ocean, La Valencia offers something for everyone. Intimate and charming, dramatic and unforgettable. La Valencia has been a destination and a place to remember for those near and far for generations. With expansive ocean views, our hotel and restaurants are perfectly situated to provide not only exceptional cuisine experiences but also a view to inspire. The La Valencia Hotel is an award-winning property. We selectively look for individuals who have an entrepreneurial spirit and who thrive in an environment that demands excellence in every dimension. Succeeding together through teamwork and shared passion for hospitality is critical to the success of the Iconic La Valencia Hotel.
DESCRIPTION: Ideal candidates are highly motivated and effective at working in a fast paced team environment. We are looking for passionate hospitality focused employees who share our passion for creating exceptional and memorable experiences.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Support and assist the Hotel Controller manage the financial operations of the hotel to ensure the security of the assets of the company in a centralized accounting environment.
• Support the daily accounting department including receivables, payables, and cash handling functions.
• Follow financial control procedures and systems; maintain documents for audits of hotel accounts; ensure compliance with government regulations and contractual agreements.
• Assist in preparation of financial forecasts and reporting.
• Process requests for credit extension and collection of overdue accounts.
• Ensure payments are made to property as fast as possible.
• Interact with outside contacts:
• Guests – to resolve billing disputes and answer questions; to provide service to accounts
• Regulatory agencies – to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and contractual agreements
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Catering, Sales, Reservations, Accounting, and Front Office.
At least 3 years prior accounting experience, preferably in hospitality. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
• Communicating with other people
• Strong computer skills, including excel and experience with PMS/POS and/or accounting systems
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, organizational abilities are used often.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
• Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
• Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
• Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
• Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
• Only full-time employees eligible
• Personal protective equipment provided or required
• Temperature screenings
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Virtual meetings
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• Accounting: 2 years (Required)
• Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Required)
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume to Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org.