Job Posted: May 27th, 2021
Nine-Ten La Jolla Restaurant
- Collects reusable items or waste materials such as table service, paper and left over foodstuffs. Separates and disposes of waste inproper containers. Move reusable materials to kitchen or storage.
- Inspects materials and sort’s items or materials into piles at the dish cleaning area or linen collection area. Places in containeraccording to type, size, condition, coloring, marking, or other characteristics.
- Sets tables as required.
- Provides drinking water and frequently refurbishes beverages upon guest or server requests.
- Provides bread to each table.
- Anticipates guest needs and provides genuinely friendly, attentive, professional service.
- Maintains all service and restaurant areas as required.
- Completes assigned “side work” duties (preparation/set-up and closing prerequisites).
- Provides room service- prompt thorough service to hotel guests and picks up trays.
- Assists servers in attending to guest’s needs and expectations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Must have the ability to communicate with customers fluently in English.
Abilitytoaddandsubtracttwodigitnumbersandtomultiplyanddividewith10’sand100’s. Abilitytoperformthese operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have and maintain current Food Handlers Card.