Job Posted: May 27th, 2021
Nine-Ten La Jolla Restaurant
- Presents menu, answers questions, and sell by making suggestions regarding food, wine and service.
- Records order on check or memorize it.
- Relays order to kitchen and serve courses from kitchen and bars.
- Garnishes and decorates dishes preparatory to serving.
- Follows all policies for the responsible service of alcohol.
- Requests identification from customers when legal age is questionable.
- Observes diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
- Totals bill, processes and accepts payment in form of cash, credit card or membership signature.
- Ladles soup, toss salads, brews coffee, and perform other services as determined by particular restaurant practices.
- Completes assigned “side work” (prerequisites for preparation/set up and closing).
- Clears and/or resets table at conclusion of each course.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. MusthavetheabilitytocommunicatefluentlyinEnglish.
Abilitytocalculatefiguresandamountssuchasdiscounts,interestandpercentages. Abilitytoapplyconceptsofbasic math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Must have and maintain a current Food Handlers Card.