Job Posted: June 9th, 2021
- Ensures all kitchen related company standards are followed and upheld by staff by using proper hiring, training and spot-checking techniques and by creating a culture of accountability.
- Ensures all back-of-house staff are properly trained in all relevant areas. Ensures back-of-house team is set-up for success.
- Creates staff schedules fairly and timely per company policy.
- Screens back-of-house applicants and conducts interviews using best practices and ensuring legal compliance.
- Partners with General Manager on using procedures to track and control store costs; labor, food, waste to ensure profitability of the store without sacrificing guest experience.
- Jumps-in to assist kitchen staff when needed. May assist front-of-house from time to time as needed.
- Supervises food temperature to ensure ingredients are kept at appropriate temperatures and stored properly. Holds employees accountable for “first in- first out” (FIFO) policy.
- Ensures back-of-house opening and closing tasks are consistently completed as required and appropriate checklists are completed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ recent experience in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and fast-paced environment.
- Leadership Skills: Kitchen managers must be leaders in the back of house, rallying their team during busy shifts, resolving conflicts and getting the job done.
- Reliable transportation and ability to arrive to work on time and maintain a positive attendance record.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings.
- Professional communication, good organization, and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- ServeSafe Certification maintained in good standing. Ensures staff has current Food Handler’s Cards.
Preferred Skills: High school diploma or GED, strong leadership skills, multi-tasker, safety-minded, team player.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
How to Apply
- Bonus Opportunities each Period
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision/Life&ADD package
- Instant Pay (Request up to half of a shifts earnings paid the following business day)
- Free employee shift meals
- Pre-Tax Parking & Transportation Benefit + 50% employer match
- Discounted wellness, tickets, and travel