Job Posted: March 1st, 2022
Finance and Administrative Assistant
La Jolla Music Society
Duties and Responsibilities
- Good written and verbal communication with finance team daily
- Follow policies and procedures
- Daily posting of invoices in the accounting system including proper attachments
- Maintain master vendor list in Financial Edge
- Ensure new vendors are set up in Financial Edge and submit W-9
- Filing documents in physical and digital storage areas
- Process remote bank deposits
- Daily posting of reports from Tessitura for development and box office
- Recording journal entries with proper attachment
- Assist Administration and Finance Manager with projects as requested
- Ensure timecards are completed by staff and submitted on time each pay period
- Set up new employees in Paychex payroll system
- Record daily bank activity in Financial Edge
- Fielding incoming checks and invoices for processing
Administration and CEO Support
- Provide general support to President & CEO, including scheduling meetings, preparing materials for meetings, confirming appointments, drafting business correspondence, organize travel, as needed.
- Serve as liaison to the Board of Directors
- Maintain Board records and documents, including contact lists, committee membership, tracking of Board terms, the Board Book
- Assist with Board and Committee meetings, including scheduling, collecting attendance responses, drafting minutes, sending reminders, arranging meeting locations, creating online meeting links etc.
- General office support
- Gathering, sorting and distributing incoming mail; posting outgoing mail
- Greeting guests visiting the administrative offices
- Order company office supplies
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with five years of experience in non-profit marketing.
- High degree of organizational skills.
- Ease with communications and excellent writing.
- Background and/or experience in non-profit, preferred.
- Discretion with private information and ability to manage sensitive inquiries.
- Interest in classical music or performing arts a plus.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
How to Apply
See website below