Job Posted: March 1st, 2022
Bistro du Marché by Tapenade
JOB DESCRIPTION AND EXPECTATIONS
You will be trained for this function for several nights and each detail of your training is not included in this description. There is one runner for the restaurant for outdoor and indoor weekdays and two during the weekend. You must be attentive during the entire shift.
The kitchen pass is as important as the .
- Be ready to start your functions by making sure that Chefs have all they need prior
starting the service, plates and other dinnerware, bags, and containers for takeout
- Polish utensils, making sure that there will not be lacking during the service and be ready for the next shift. Prepare utensils rolls if needed.
– Follow closely the service with tickets organized, keep a close cooperation with the chefs during the entire service
– Make sure that the plate is presentable to the customers, the rim is clean (no sauce or finger traces)
– Deliver food orders from the kitchen to customer’s tables rapidly and accurately with position numbers, promptly go back to the kitchen pass station
– Act as the contact point between Front of the House and Back of the House staff
– Communicate food orders and priorities to chefs, paying attention to priorities and special requests (e.g., food allergies)
– Assist the wait staff with table setting by fetching and placing appropriate tableware, eating utensils and napkins when customers drop it on the floor
- Ensure food is served in accordance with safety standards (e.g. proper temperature)
- Remove dirty dishes and utensils
- Answer guests’ questions about ingredients and menu items if necessary
- When delivering food have a pick at the table if bread or water are needed
- The food pick up is divided in three stations: Appetizer, Hot Food and Dessert
- Know the menu, including dessert in detail
- At the end of the service, clean the station
- One table at a time. And only when the chefs give the okay that the plates are all ready to go.
- Be delicate when delivering the plates, customers have expectations and when the food arrive to the table, it is an important moment for them and for us.
How to Apply
See website below
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Upscale casual restaurant
- Evening shift
Work Location: One location