Job Posted: March 1st, 2022
Pet Care Assistant PCA
La Jolla Veterinary Hospital
This is an entry level position that would perfectly suite an individual that is interested in becoming a veterinary professional. We are willing to train the right candidate in all areas related to veterinary medicine as long as you have extraordinary communication skills, are interested in veterinary medicine and are highly detail oriented.
The responsibilities of this candidate are include but are limited to the following:
- Conducting follow-up phone calls with clients to obtain the status of a pet’s health, report lab results and conduct other medical correspondence.
- Perform pharmacy technician tasks.
- Assist the veterinarian and the hospital team in managing medical-related tasks and in-house client care tasks.
- Prepping the surgery and dental suite for anesthetic procedures.
- Cleaning, disinfecting and restocking the surgery suites after surgical procedures.
- Wrapping surgery packs
- Assisting in surgical recovery and pre-surgical care of animal patients.
- Assisting the veterinarian and technician staff with pets’ medical treatments such as vaccines, Xrays, blood draws, etc.
- Cleaning, disinfecting and preparing kennels for canine and feline hospital guests.
- Conducting miscellaneous tasks including but limited to laundry (Surgery, kennel, hospital, etc.), cleaning, stocking, and prepping exam rooms, medical and surgical equipment.
How to Apply
See website below