We’re Turning La Jolla Village into “Snowflake Lane!”
Here’s how merchants can get involved!
What: Holiday Decorating Contest
Why: People want experiences! Let’s create a fun, festive, family vibe that screams Happy JollaDays for all! Plus…
- We’ll be promoting Snowflake Lane in print and digital media listing all participating merchants and publicizing on all community event and holiday calendars.
- We’ll have prizes for people who complete a ballot either online or in person.
- We’ll also have fantastic prizes for winning displays and décor including gift certificates for free advertising in La Jolla Village News!
- Prizes for:
- Best Overall Display
- Best La Jolla Theme (Beach, Marine Life, Sunsets, Surfboards, Kayaks, Swimmers, Tourism, Snorkelers, etc.)
- Other Surprise Categories
Who: ALL La Jolla Village merchants are invited to participate. If you’re not a retail business or (not allowed to decorate) partner with someone who is! Pass this information along to your property owner so that they can help decorate your building or common areas, too! Designers, decorators and artists are especially encouraged to join the fun! Adopt a window and show off your talents! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find the perfect partner!
Where: Windows, lobbies and beyond. It’s your business, attract people from the outside in. Décor may not obstruct walkways, sidewalks or right of way.
How: Register your participation at www.tinyurl.com/JollaDays2019
Get creative! Think outside the (gift) box!
- Consider partnering with a nonprofit organization or youth group. Painting windows is an easy and inexpensive way to get into the spirit.
- Work with your neighbors to design a series of coordinating windows
- Santa, Mrs. Claus, The Elves
- Snowmen in various stages of being built/melting
- All eight reindeer over the course of a few windows;
- Christmas Villains (Scrooge, The Grinch, Mr. Oogie Boogie);
- Decorate Surfboards/Kayaks/Paddleboards;
- The 12 Days of Christmas;
- Holidays Around the World
- Holiday Parties (Luau, Beach Party, Cookie Exchange)
- You get the idea!
- Reach out to artists, designers or real estate agents who might exchange talents or resources for the chance to strut their stuff!
- Borrow ideas from the Internet! There are Pinterest boards containing hundreds of ideas to get you going… Click here for tons of ideas.