Happy JollaDays 2021!
Let’s Turn the Village into Home for the JollaDays!
Here’s how merchants can get involved!
What: Holiday Decorating Contest
Why: People want to EXPERIENCE the holidays! Let’s create a fun, festive, family vibe that screams Happy JollaDays for all! Plus…
- We’ll be promoting participating merchants on our website, social media platforms, and in the press.
- We’ll have prizes for both merchants and those who vote via online platforms for their favorite decor.
- Judging will take place throughout December by both Secret Elves and consumers.
- Who: ALL La Jolla Village merchants are invited to participate. If you’re not a retail business or not able to decorate) partner with someone who is. Pass this information along to your property owner so that they can help decorate your building or common areas, too! Designers, decorators, and artists are especially encouraged to join the fun! Adopt a window and show off your talents!
Where: For the most attention we encourage you to decorate windows that can be easily viewed from outside your storefront. Use your decor to safely attract shoppers and diners to support your business.
How: Register your participation HERE.
Get creative! Think outside the (gift) box!
- Consider partnering with a nonprofit organization or youth group. Painting windows is an easy and inexpensive way to get into the spirit.
- Work with your neighbors to design a series of coordinating windows
- Santa, Mrs. Claus, The Elves
- Snowmen in various stages of being built/melting
- All eight reindeer over the course of a few windows;
- Christmas Villains (Scrooge, The Grinch, Mr. Oogie Boogie);
- Decorate Surfboards/Kayaks/Paddleboards;
- The 12 Days of Christmas;
- Holidays Around the World
- Holiday Parties (Luau, Beach Party, Cookie Exchange)
- You get the idea!
- Reach out to artists, designers, or real estate agents who might exchange talents or resources for the chance to strut their stuff!
- Borrow ideas from the Internet! There are Pinterest boards containing hundreds of ideas to get you going… Click here for tons of ideas.