July is a star-spangled month and there’s no better way to blast it off than with a Red, White and Blues themed art walk in one of summer’s most iconic beach communities. La Jolla Village presents its monthly free First Friday Art Walk on July 1 from 4:00 to 7:00 PM. This month, for the first time, there will be an Art Walk After Dark after-party at Thumbprint Gallery which is celebrating its 13th anniversary with a showing of more than 20 artists representing all genres at two galleries. More details are below.
- Thumbprint Gallery is celebrating its 13th Anniversary in a big way! They have created a two-gallery collaboration with BFree Studios and will feature over 20 artists and four musical groups. Art and live music at both locations.
Thumbprint Gallery will be open from 4 PM to 10 PM as they extend their hours for an Art Walk After Dark Afterparty.
- Artemis will feature local artist Walter Santos and his photographs of LaJolla/San Diego. Candle artist YA YA Creativity. Musician Sara Jade.
- Yiddishland presents live music by Manzanita Blues
- Contemporary Fine Arts Gallery will be serving up Clam Chowder compliments of Lobster West
- San Diego Spirits Festival continues to sponsor adult beverages at multiple locations.
- This month’s Pop Up Locations will be:
- The Conrad featuring Artist Karen Cohen. Live music by Steve Pandis Jazz Trio
- Be Boutique featuring Artist Peg Demery
- The Cove House featuring Artist Mika De La Cruz; Happy Hour from 4 – 6 pm
- Sotheby’s International Real Estate featuring Artist Lisa Lennox with a live large canvas painting demo. Food by Sushi Nekosan, champagne by Le Grand Courtage. Entertainment by DJ Ron Jones, Voice of La Jolla. Additional music will provided by Bang & Olufsen.
Of course, following Art Walk stay for the sunset, drinks with a view or dinner at a new or classic La Jolla location. A complete list of restaurants can be found HERE.
Most importantly, if you do plan to join us for First Friday Art Walk, RSVP HERE and we’ll send you a FREE PARKING PASS, GOOD ALL DAY. So come early, stay late and linger longer. Parking is compliments of ACE Mobility and the La Jolla Village Merchants Association.