About the La Jolla Village Merchants Association
Who We Are
La Jolla Village Merchants Association (LJVMA) is committed to the success of its members. Contracted by the City of San Diego, LJVMA manages the La Jolla Business Improvement District (BID). Businesses located within the BID boundaries become members automatically when they apply for and receive the required City of San Diego Business Tax Certificate. Those outside the BID are encouraged to join LJVMA as Associate Members. Learn more here.
We bring business to La Jolla Village.
What We Do
Several times each year we review and update a strategic plan guiding our operations and priorities. View our current Strategic Plan HERE
As a Business Improvement District We Strive to:
- Unify all businesses to work toward a common goal, which often economically revitalizes a Business District.
- Mitigate retail sales leakage by allowing the area to compete more effectively for regional market share through the generation of greater local marketing resources and strengths.
- Support businesses in the area through commercial recruitment, retention, and promotion as well as through the sponsorship of “shop at home” and downtown image-building campaigns.
- Create a strong unified voice to represent business interests to local government agencies.
- Fund or support other projects such as clean-up programs, decorations, parks, and special events.
- Assist in leveraging public and private resources for program activities, development projects, and other commercial revitalization efforts.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Diversity is a core value and supports our mission in every way. LJVMA represents approximately 1300 businesses that employ approximately 6500 people. We are a community of individuals made up of different genders, religions, experiences, perspectives, backgrounds and so much more. We strive to create a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere for all.
- Organizational Excellence
- Promotions and Events
- Merchant Education/ Resources + Economic Development