If your business is located in La Jolla Village you are probably already a member! All businesses located within the 30 block area of the Business Improvement District La Jolla are assessed an annual fee by the City of San Diego as noted on your Business Tax Certificate which required to conduct business in the City of San Diego. This fee constitutes your membership in THE LJVMA which is a local nonprofit business association for the downtown village of La Jolla. There is an elected volunteer Board of Directors from these businesses. Through the Board of Directors, economic development programs and policies are created to enhance the La Jolla business community. Annual fees to the City range from $45 to $350.
Are you in La Jolla Village?
If your business is located on one of the following streets you are very likely a member of The LJVMA: Prospect, Coast Blvd., Herschel, Girard, Pearl, Fay, Ivanhoe, Wall St. La Jolla Blvd (7300-7600 blocks), Torrey Pines Rd. (1000-1100 blocks), Bishops Lane, Cave, Silverado, Kline, Roslyn Ln, Drury Ln. If you are located in these areas, there is no need to join. Your required City of San Diego Business Tax Certificate qualifies you as a member and you will automatically receive newsletters and election information via the postal service. See the BID Map La Jolla here.
Associate Membership – All are welcome!
We invite individuals, non-profits and businesses outside the Business Improvement District to participate, support and benefit from the La Jolla Village Merchants Association.
Associate Memberships Benefits
- Free Business Profile on lajollabythesea.com website
- Free Event Listings on the lajollabythesea.com website and Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LaJollabytheSea1/
- Ability to write articles for lajollabythesea.com blog.
- Member rates for all activities and events.
- Ability to participate in committees, projects, programs and events offered to the general membership. *
- The opportunity to build relationships with La Jolla Village merchants and community leaders.
- Permission to use “Proud member of La Jolla Village Merchants Association” branding in marketing and publicity.
*Associate members are not allowed to serve on the La Jolla Village Merchants Association Board of Directors. Other restrictions may apply. In some cases, dues will be adjusted based on partnership agreements.
Associate Membership Annual Fees
Associate Membership Dues will be billed annually and due January 1.*
0 – 1 Employee
2 – 11 Employees
12 – 49 Employees
50 + Employees
*First year’s dues will be prorated upon request based on the date application is accepted. In some cases, dues will be adjusted based on partnership agreements.