Sixteen lucky La Jolla Village restaurants will be given the chance to show off their takeout options and participate in a brand new COVID friendly event to both encourage visitors to celebrate Spring in La Jolla and support our culinary community. La Jolla Village Merchants Association is proud to present a takeout taste of La Jolla village from March 22-25 from 4-7 pm, with varied themes and restaurants each of the four evenings. Both locals and tourists will be able to pick up a unique curated menu and choose to enjoy it picnic-style or at home.
While still working out the details this “takeout taste of the village” is an elevated dining experience featuring four courses for each of four evenings during the first week of Spring. Instead of the traditional taste concept, the menu will comprise a curated full meal for two people, including first course, second course, entrée, and dessert with menus artfully designed to deliver a true taste of La Jolla dining. Beverages may also be added to the menu. There will also be opportunities for non-restaurant retailers to get involved by offering coupons, promotional items, etc. that can be placed in each “to-go” bag.
All of the event details can be reviewed HERE Any questions can be directed to [email protected]
Here’s how it will work?
- Advance sale tickets for one day of the event ($80) will be available at the lajollabythesea.com website before menus are solidified. General sale tickets will be listed in the coming weeks, as menus are curated.
- Advance Sale Ticket: $80 / General Event Ticket: $85. To receive a special notice once tickets go on sale, send an email to [email protected] | Subject Line: Take Out Taste Early Bird Tickets
- Choose which evening(s) you’d like to Take Out your Taste of the Village. (Each event requires a separate ticket) and purchase tickets online.
- Check-in on the designated evening, pick up an insulated reusable bag (facial covering is required). Check-in is located on the corner of Herschel and Prospect in La Jolla Village
- Walk or drive to each location and pick up to-go items.
- Dine at home or an open-air dining location such as La Jolla Scripps Browing Park, the Cove, or other scenic spots
Tickets are $85 for up to two people. In order to keep crowd sizes small and avoid mass gathering on the sidewalks, there will be a maximum of 150 tickets sold for each evening. Ticketholders will be given a time window to check-in.
20% of each ticket sold helps support the La Jolla restaurants which have been struggling during the pandemic, while also showcasing the fantastic array of La Jolla eateries. Attendees will have the option of adding a gratuity to the restaurants as well, during the ticket purchase process. All CoVid protocols will be strictly adhered to both by participating restaurants and event management. Physical distancing, facial covering requirements and enhanced sanitation measures will all be in place for guest safety.
photo credit: J.DIXXdixx photography