This fall, La Jolla Village Merchants Association is proud to partner with San Diego Family Justice Center by hosting a “Halloween Costume Drive” for some very special children.
Every year, thousands of San Diegans come through the Family Justice Center, a safe place where domestic violence victims and their children can reclaim their lives, seek justice, and begin healing. The Center, part of the City Attorney’s Office, brings together community partners; including therapists (for both adults and children), forensic medical nurses, domestic violence advocates, military liaisons, pro bono attorneys, and the San Diego Police Department Domestic Violence Unit.
Here are the details:
- What: During the month of September, all are invited to donate NEW costumes (sizes infant to adult), Halloween crafts, candy and decor to designated drop-off sites throughout the Village. Please note, that due to the clients served, no donations or costumes depicting guns, swords, blood, etc. can be accepted.
- Who: The children served by the Family Justice Center are all ages — newborn to age 18 Keep in mind that older youth and teens are often overlooked by donors so adult costumes are in high demand.
- Where – Drop off sites will be set up at various locations including the La Jolla Village Merchants Association Office located at 8834 Herschel Avenue, Suite C. Others will be announced soon. Donations will also be accepted at the Business Breakfast on October 5 at 8:00 AM at Ciao Ciao Piadina. Learn more about the Business Breakfast HERE.
- When-Donations are September 30th. This allows us time for the children to shop for their costumes.
- Why – Children served by the Famly Justice Center are invited to peruse the donated costumes and choose the one they like best for their very own! It’s a small way of bringing some normalcy and fun to these children. Just before Halloween, The Family Justice Center hosts a party for the children where they can show off their costumes and enjoy arts, crafts, and treats.
Now through October 5, you can drop off new costumes, crafts, toys, $10 gift cards, or candy to any one of the following locations:
- Pacific Sotheby’s – 1111 Prospect St.
- Life Time – 1055 Wall St.
- La Valencia – 1132 Prospect St.
- Charleston Shoes – 7852 Girard Ave.