Whether you are working from home or have returned back to your office, it’s a good time to make sure you and your co-workers are staying safe and avoiding electrical hazards. Here are ten quick tips from SDGE:
Always keep plugs and outlets out of reach or protected from babies, toddlers or pets — especially those who like to chew.
Avoid overloading outlets and use a power strip.
Unplug appliances when you’re not using them to save energy and minimize the risk of shock or fire.
Regularly inspect electrical cords and extension cords for damage.
Extension cords should be used only on a temporary basis.
Never plug a space heater or fan into an extension cord or power strip.
Never run cords under rugs, carpets, doors, or windows.
Plugin smartly – make sure cords do not become tripping hazards.
Make sure you use proper wattage for lamps and lighting.
Make sure your home or office has smoke alarms. Test them monthly, change batteries annually and replace the alarm every 10 years