Job Posted: January 17th, 2023
La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, Inc.
The La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club is currently seeking a highly skilled Ambassador to join our team at our beautiful oceanfront property!
Be a part of the diverse team at La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, Inc. Our landmark hotels and restaurants have become La Jolla institutions, which are founded on family values and community mindedness. La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, Inc. offers excellent benefits and a great work environment for our employees.
What We Offer
- Free daily meal and salad bar
- Free parking
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K (based on employment status)
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday time
- Dining discounts for employees (and up to 6 guests) at the Marine Room, The Shores Restaurant, and our Club Dining!
- Property retail shop and hotel discounts
- $500 referral bonus for referring new employees to The La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club
What We Ask
- Consistently provide professional, attentive, and genuinely friendly service
- Promote and follow LJBTC, Inc’s Signature Service standards and requirements to ensure a lasting impression of exemplary service resulting in satisfied and loyal members and guests
Schedule: FT/ Shifts Vary/ AM/PM/SWING
Salary- $16.30 an hour
The Ambassador is the first person at the La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club to have contact with our Club members, apartment guests, and other visitors. As the Club’s “Ambassador”, this individual must possess strong customer service skills and consistently provide professional, attentive and genuinely friendly service. The ability to utilize aggressive hospitality skills, make quick decisions and take ownership of requests/needs is required. This individual must help ensure overall guest satisfaction by solving problems quickly and efficiently. This person must also have the ability to provide concise and accurate directions and protect the properties from entry by unauthorized persons. Promotes and follows LJBTC, Inc.’s Signature Service standards and requirements ensuring a lasting impression of exemplary service resulting in supremely satisfied and loyal members and guests.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Provides quality service to guests that meets or exceeds expectations by anticipating guest needs, always maintaining a polite, friendly, professional demeanor.
- Expeditiously permits authorized persons to enter the property.
- Regulates vehicle and pedestrian traffic at property entrance to maintain an orderly flow with an emphasis on expediency and customer service.
- Communicates arrival information to front desk, bell person, property services and beach crew valet.
- Registers guests entering the property. Fills out appropriate forms and posts information to computer system.
- Requests identification from guests who are not pre-authorized by the sponsoring member or hotel guests.
- Assists guests and members with directions and instructions, as needed, to area and regional visitor attractions.
- Communicates with other department staff and officers via the radio.
- Uses Voice Mail, Pagers and 2-way Radio communication at appropriate times.
- Uses ten codes to communicate via radio to other security officers and staff.
- Attends regularly scheduled department meetings.
- Records data such as unusual occurrences.
- Reads and understands the Parking Log and makes relevant entries.
- Refers complaints of service failures to designated departments for investigation and follow up.
- Responsible for accurate shift closing reports and procedures.
- Follows up on all outstanding guest assistance requests.
- Maintains knowledge of current room types, rate structures and features.
- Is familiar with hotel facilities and their hours of operation.
- Is familiar with local events.
- Coordinates packages with vendors and guests.
- Able to handle multiple tasks.
- Maintains a close and professional relationship with all departments.
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Is familiar and adhere to hotel policies.
- Completes any reasonable request from a manager that the employee is capable of performing.
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly and other reports.
- Treats all guests and employees with respect, dignity and courtesy.
- Other duties as may be assigned by department Manager.
- Phone etiquette and verbal comprehension is key.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills are a requirement.
By assisting management and staff in providing a safe and secure resort/hotel environment for guests, members, employees and visitors, employees help ensure experiences at the La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club Inc. are memorable. Your leadership will have a great effect on the guest impression of the entire organization. Maintaining quality customer service is vital to the financial success of the company. Friendly and continuous use of phone etiquette and quality customer service amenities will create good impressions of the organization. Help create repeat business by guaranteeing constant quality control and communication between departments. Being in direct contact with the member/guests, the Rep will be able to identify problems or needs and resolve them together with managers. A genuinely friendly, attentive, knowledgeable Rep can help ensure that the guest is satisfied and eager to return.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Written Communication Skills
Ability to read, writes, and understands comprehensive correspondence, memos, and reports. Ability to accurately document security related observations and incidents for use by other department members and the management team.
Verbal Communication Skills
Ability to effectively and accurately present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, guests, members, and employees of the organization. Effective verbal skills while utilizing the phone and radio are essential.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in English to customers, guests, members, and other employees of the organization. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively in English to customers, managers, guests, or employees of organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply understanding based on company policies and procedures in carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with customer service related problems involving several variables in standardized situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
All employees in this position must obtain and maintain current CPR and First Aid Training Cards.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. You are also exposed to moving vehicles.Employees are required to perform all tasks as safely as possible and to adhere to the applicable safety procedures.La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club Inc. is committed to ensuring a safe work environment for all employees. In compliance with federal “Right to Know” requirements, the company freely discloses this information so that all employees are informed about potential hazards in the work place. We encourage all employees to immediately report any known or potentially dangerous hazards to management.
Employees in this position may interact on a daily basis with numerous departments, safety committee members, guests, club members, and visitors. Employees may occasionally interact with owners and Board Members.
This company operates seven days a week, 24 hours a day. At times it may be necessary to move you from your accustomed shift if business, staffing, or task assignments demand. In addition, it should be understood that business needs determine the number of hours that you work.
How to Apply