Job Posted: January 17th, 2023
Director of Human Resources
La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, Inc.
The La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club is currently seeking a highly skilled Director of Human Resources join our team at our beautiful oceanfront property!
Be a part of the diverse team at La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, Inc. Our landmark hotels and restaurants have become La Jolla institutions, which are founded on family values and community mindedness. La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, Inc. offers excellent benefits and a great work environment for our employees.
What we offer:
- Free daily meal and salad bar
- Free parking
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K (based on employment status)
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday time
- Dining discounts for employees (and up to 6 guests) at the Marine Room, The Shores Restaurant, and our Club Dining!
- Property retail shop and hotel discounts
- $500 referral bonus for referring new employees to The La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club
What we ask:
- Consistently provide professional, attentive, and genuinely friendly service
- Promote and follow LJBTC, Inc’s Signature Service standards and requirements to ensure a lasting impression of exemplary service resulting in satisfied and loyal members and guests
The pay scale for this position is 155k-175k per year
Develops and directs all human resources activities relating to employee relations, compensation, benefits, employment, health and safety, employee services, training, strategic planning, records maintenance, payroll and policies/procedures by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff members. Promotes and follows LJBTC, Inc.’s Signature Service standards and requirements ensuring a lasting impression of exemplary service resulting in supremely satisfied and loyal members and guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops updates and implements all human resources policies and procedures. Provides guidance to managers and staff on the use and application of such policies, procedures and other human resources issues. Advises management of industry trends and legislative changes affecting personnel policies and programs.
- Directs all staffing activities to include sourcing, interviewing and recommending exempt level candidates while monitoring non-exempt recruitment efforts. Coordinates with department heads to prepare personnel forecast for projected employment needs. Prepares annual Human Resources department budget and controls costs.
- Manages the comprehensive performance review program for all employees to ensure accurate, constructive evaluation of skills and objectives.
- Designs and implements employee recognition programs.
- Counsels employees on job-related issues and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Manages benefits and salary administration programs utilizing wage and benefits surveys to remain apprised of current trends, conditions and legislative changes to ensure a competitive and cost-effective compensation plan. Reviews and recommends appropriate changes to compensation and benefits programs.
- Directs maintenance of personnel records and the Payroll/Human Resources Information System to ensure fair and equitable application of compensation, policies and employee relations practices. Assures accurate preparation of Payroll/Human Resources reports and makes presentations to the Executive Committee, President and Board of Directors providing pertinent data on costs and trends regarding human resources related issues.
- Administers the Health and Safety Program (i.e. Worker’s Compensation, Injury Illness Prevention Program) to ensure compliance. Monitors and implements effective loss control factors.
- Coordinates training and development activities. Designs and conducts new employee orientations and monitors induction program to foster positive attitude toward company goals. Facilitates annual Employee Engagement Survey.
- Manages governmental reporting and compliance ensuring minimal exposure and cost control. Represents company when dealing with vendors and government agencies.
- Consults with legal counsel on Human Resources issues requiring legal advice to ensure that policies and actions comply with federal and state law.
- Other duties may be assigned.
A well managed workforce produces positive morale and good work ethics. This increases our service to our guests and minimizes the expenses of turnover and lawsuits.
Manages employees in the Human Resources Department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this unit, including Payroll. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, coaching and counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree (M. A.) or equivalent; and/or Certificate in Human Resources; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply