Job Posted: March 1st, 2023
Part-Time Tailor - La Jolla, CA #6208
The Fitter/Tailor contributes to the Brooks Brothers customer relationships by delivering quality garments to our customers. As a member of our Alterations department, the Fitter/Tailor provides expert alterations and fabric expertise to our customers in a timely manner while providing outstanding service to our clients.
The Fitter/Tailor reports to the Store Manager.
Who You Are:
- Demonstrates an attention to detail and quality of work.
- Team player with a desire to provide exceptional service.
- Operates with a sense of urgency and effectively completes assigned responsibilities .
- Able to adapt to change and takes on more responsibilities.
- Self-motivated; seeks personal growth and development.
As the Fitter/Tailor you will:
- Achieve personal productivity and assist in meeting Brooks Brothers productivity goals.
- Sew, measure, hem, and fit garments to meet customer needs, using the Brooks Brothers approved methods and specifications.
- Utilize Brooks Brothers systems to meet productivity goals.
- Provide highest level of quality and customer service within established call dates.
- Repair or replace defective garment parts such as pockets, zippers, buttons, and linings.
- Demonstrate and comply with company best practices, policies, procedures, and associate policies as outlined in the Associate Handbook.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, neat, and organized store environment.
- Work with store team to ensure seamless workflow.
- Represent the brand as a true ambassador, adhering to Brooks Brothers code of conduct, dress code and legendary service expectations.
- Model our values of respect, integrity, teamwork, compassion, accountability, and inclusivity.
You will also have:
- Minimum 5 years ’ experience in tailoring.
- Knowledge of clothing and shirt construction and fabrics.
- Previous experience in a retail environment or in custom clothing sales.
- Scheduling flexibility to include days, nights, weekends, and holidays as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to communicate with customers on the sales floor.
- Proficient in special order tools, fabrics and programs.
Requirements & EEO Statement
The wage (range) for this position is $XX.XX, (annually/hourly). Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to position offered and work experience. In addition to your salary, Brooks Brothers, and its affiliated brands, offers a benefits package, including 401(k) plan, overtime pay, flexible work schedule and a generous employee discount program (all benefits are based on eligibility). Additional information regarding the benefits for this position can be found in the Benefits Guide that is available in our stores or Human Resources Department
- Ability to lift 5-10 pounds consistently.
- Long periods of sitting.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions with hands, arms, legs and feet.
- Lifting, balancing, stooping and handling of materials.
- Constant use of hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, manipulating and moving materials.
- Ability to see details at close range, distant range, color and peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
The Company is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to enable qualified employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).
How to Apply