Job Posted: January 17th, 2023
Reservations Sales Agent
La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, Inc.
The La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club is currently seeking a highly skilled Reservations Sales Agent to join our team at our beautiful oceanfront property!
Be a part of the diverse team at La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, Inc. Our landmark hotels and restaurants have become La Jolla institutions, which are founded on family values and community mindedness. La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, Inc. offers excellent benefits and a great work environment for our employees.
What We Offer
- Free daily meal and salad bar
- Free parking
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K (based on employment status)
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday time
- Dining discounts for employees (and up to 6 guests) at the Marine Room, The Shores Restaurant, and our Club Dining!
- Property retail shop and hotel discounts
- $500 referral bonus for referring new employees to The La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club
What We Ask
- Consistently provide professional, attentive, and genuinely friendly service
- Promote and follow LJBTC, Inc’s Signature Service standards and requirements to ensure a lasting impression of exemplary service resulting in satisfied and loyal members and guests
Schedule: FT Schedule Varies between 7am-9pm
Pay- $21 per hour
Promotes and follows LJBTC, Inc.’s Signature Service standards and requirements ensuring a lasting impression of exemplary service resulting in supremely satisfied and loyal members and guests. Front Desk responsibilities may be assigned.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Handles and processes reservation calls and inquiries.
- Follows the Navis 7 non-negotiables while processing reservations at rates to achieve the greatest yield.
- Meets or exceeds goals set forth including, but not limited to; call conversion ratio, reservation shops, call accuracy, abandoned calls etc.
- Records and prepares proper correspondence that reflect the style and brand of the property, regarding confirmations, deposit requests, cancellations, deposit refunds and emails.
- Assists the Front Desk and PBX operators during staffing shortages, periods of high volume or as needed. May be requested to perform the duties/shifts at the front desk.
- Maintains knowledge of current room types, rate structures, and features.
- Takes and processes individual and group reservations.
- Updates reservation system when reservations have been booked or canceled. Communicates changes in reservations activity to the front desk and housekeeping departments when appropriate.
- Provides quality, 4 Diamond Service to guests that meets or exceeds expectations by anticipating guest needs, always maintaining a polite, friendly, professional demeanor.
- Able to multi-task.
- Be well versed with and adhere to company policies and events.
- Makes sure the guest feels well served.
- Treat all guests and employees with respect, dignity and courtesy.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The selling of guests’ rooms is vital to the financial success of the company. By following the Navis requirements and providing 4 Diamond Service will help create timeless, memorable experiences for our members and guests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four‑year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous room sales/front desk experience at a hotel required. Excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills required. Experience with online travel agent distribution preferred. OPERA experience a plus
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in English and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, members, guests, other employees, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.Employees are required to perform all tasks as safely as possible and to adhere to the applicable safety procedures.The La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club is committed to ensuring a safe work environment for all employees. In compliance with federal “Right to Know” requirements, the company freely discloses this information so that all employees are informed aboutpotential hazards in the work place. We encourage all employees to immediately report any known or potentially dangerous hazards to management.
Employees in this position interact constantly with members, guests, and potential customers via telephone or in person.Employees in this position also interact frequently with the Front Desk, PBX, Housekeeping, and Engineering Departments. This position requires the ability to communicate and interact politely and effectively with these and other designated internal and external customers. This position is frequently cross trained at the Front Desk.
This company operates seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Shifts will generally be rotated unless you were hired for a specific shift, as much as possible to be fair to everyone. At times it may be necessary to move you from your accustomed shift if business or task assignments demand. In addition, it should be understood that business needs determine the number of hours that you work.
How to Apply