Job Posted: January 17th, 2023
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Team Lead (Shift Supervisor), you’ll better people’s days by supervising the daily activities of shifts and supporting a dynamic team of incredible people. Team Leads motivate and inspire our team members and set the bar for superior service and drink quality, all while contributing to a welcoming environment. With everything you do, you’ll embody our Philz Core Values: Customer Obsessed, In Pursuit of Better and Be Kind and Keep it Real.
- Play to your team’s strengths by putting the right people in the right places at the right times.
- Be a role model by handcrafting each cup with care and skill alongside an awesome team of Baristas.
- Develop strong relationships with customers and the local community.
- Assess the performance of your team members, including service and drink quality.
- Hold team members accountable to their scheduled shifts, ensure that called out shifts are covered, and breaks/lunches are given.
- Communicate performance of team members to Store Leaders and other Shift Supervisors to ensure consistency.
- Support promotions and new hires through in-store training.
- Help your Store Leader in executing operations and administrative duties.
- Be a key leader in implementing and maintaining Philz safety programs.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
We make sure that every Philz is an inclusive, fun, creative and vibrant workplace; a spot where you can be yourself, dress the way you want and have flexibility in your schedule to live your best life. Most importantly, you’ll be part of an environment dedicated to bettering people’s days and building community. Previous supervisory experience in a fast-paced food and beverage environment is preferred. Don’t worry if you’ve never been a barista before – if you have a passion for people and a willingness to learn, we’ll teach you everything you need to know.
To ensure the well-being of our team members and community, the following are key requirements for Philz Team Leads:
- Food Handlers Card: Proof of a valid Food Handler Certification or Food Manager Certification is required at the time of hire.
- COVID-19 Vaccination: Click here to view our Philz Coffee Mandatory Vaccination Policy
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Operate a variety of machines, tools, and equipment
- Visual acuity to make general observations in regards to safety and accuracy of work
- Remain in a stationary position for a minimum of 3 hours
- Stand, walk, stoop, and kneel
- Lift up to 50 pounds intermittently, lift 3 pounds to shoulder height repetitively
- Grasp, finger, and reach
- Express or exchange information by means of the spoken word
**Compensation & Benefits
A reasonable estimate of the starting base hourly rate for this role is $18.71 to $20.71. Team Members also participate in a tip pool and may earn an average of $6.00 additional per hour.
When you join our team, we better your days through our benefits and support programs – from medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), commuter benefits, mental health support, holiday pay, and paid time off to Team Member discounts, freebie drinks, a free food item during your shift, fun Philz swag, opportunities for growth and advancement, and more!
** At Philz, we are an equal opportunity employer and embrace a diverse workforce.
How to Apply