St. Patrick’s Day celebrates the patron Saint of Ireland who was born in the late 4th Century and died on March 17. The holiday has been observed in Ireland for over a thousand years, and it has become a global celebration of Irish heritage and culture. In Ireland, the day is a public holiday and is celebrated with parades, festivals, and other events. In other parts of the world, people also celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day by wearing green clothing, decorating with shamrocks, and attending parades and other cultural events.
Here are a few places to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in La Jolla Village.
- Eppig Bierhaus
- Sugar and Scribe
- The LOT
Of course, March is more than shamrocks and leprechauns. here are some of the other special dates that occur in March that are worth celebrating.
- International Women’s Day – March 8th
- St. Patrick’s Day – March 17th
- World Poetry Day – March 21st
- International Day of Happiness – March 20th
- World Water Day – March 22nd
March is also an exciting month for sports, with several major events and championships taking place. Here are a few examples:
- College basketball: March Madness – The NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament takes place in March, with the Final Four games typically held in early April.
- Tennis: BNP Paribas Open – One of the largest tennis tournaments outside of the Grand Slams, the BNP Paribas Open is held annually in Indian Wells, California in March.
- Formula 1: Australian Grand Prix – The first race of the Formula 1 season is typically held in Melbourne, Australia in March.
- Golf: The Players Championship – One of the most prestigious tournaments on the PGA Tour, The Players Championship is held annually in March at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.
- Baseball: Spring Training – Major League Baseball teams participate in Spring Training games throughout March to prepare for the upcoming regular season.