Job Posted: May 27th, 2021
Nine-Ten La Jolla Restaurant
- Answers phones, schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners through use of telephone and tablet.
- Greets guests, escorts them to tables, pulls out chairs and provides menus.
- Carries and delivers guest drinks with proper use of a beverage tray.
- Assists with moving tables and chairs in dining room and for large parties.
- Pour water for guests when necessary.
- Prepares coffee drinks including all espresso drinks, hot teas, brewed coffee. Maintains stock of necessary coffee brewing and preparing ingredients.
- Fields and submits all room service orders through use of telephone and tablet.
- Cleans and fills candles in dining room and patio areas.
- Assists with napkins, flatware and stocking of bar area.
- Maintain presentation and stock of Sunday pastry bar.
- Assigns sections and tables for servers. Consults management when needed.
- Ensures cleanliness of host station, bar area, lobby, patio and front of restaurant. Cleaning duties subject to include; cleaningand bussing of tables, cleaning and dusting of windows and window panes, sweeping, mopping, cleaning of barstools andtables.
- Addresses complaints of patrons. Escalates to management when necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have and maintain current Food Handlers Card.
How to Apply