Saving money is on everyone’s mind and there are a variety of ways to save money when it comes to your business’s energy use. Try these tips to help trim your winter energy bills.
- Adjust your thermostat. When you’re in your office or workplace, set your thermostat as low as is comfortable. At night or when you’re out of the office or workplace, turn it back 10 – 15 degrees to save around 10% a year. Invest in a smart thermostat and get a smart deal of $75 off your purchase, now through 12/31/20. Learn more at sdge.com/instant.
- Tune your HVAC. Just as a tune-up for your car can improve gas mileage, an annual tune-up of your heating and cooling system can improve efficiency and comfort. Schedule a no-cost energy audit at sdge.com/BES. You may also receive installed energy-efficient products at no cost or a discount!
- Weatherize your business. Insulate your facility and caulk drafty doors and windows to help prevent heat from escaping. Insulating your business also helps keep the cool air in during the warmer months.
- Upgrade your lighting. Using LED lighting could help your business save year-round, especially if you’re decorating the office for the holidays. Another bonus, LEDs are sturdier and safer.
- Switch off or power down your electronic devices on unused equipment when not in use. Turning off one computer and monitor nightly and on weekends can save up to $80 a year – savings like those can really add up! Also, use smart power strips.
Get more helpful winter energy-saving and safety tips at sdge.com/business-winter.