Merchants to Offer Perks Encouraging La Jollans to Shop & Dine Local
We are thrilled to announce the “La Jollalty Card,” a locals’ discount program that has been requested by merchants and residents alike. Businesses wishing to attract more customers who live and work in La Jolla can become part of the program by offering an exclusive incentive or discount. The program will launch this fall with a limited number of merchants who are willing to help test and track the program’s initial success. All business categories can be included from accountants and apparel to yogurt and yoga. Restaurants are especially encouraged to apply.
Merchants who want to learn more and be added to the interest list please click here. Respond by July 12 to attend one of two informational meetings and learn more about the program. Workshops will take place on July 16 at 8:00 AM and July 23 at 6:00 PM.
Here’s some basic information about the program.
- Cards will be distributed via various events and media.
- The goal is to have the program in place and cards ready for distribution prior to La Jolla Art and Wine Fest on October 11-12. We will have a booth at this event allowing us a “grand launch.”
- A dedicated website will be set up allowing card-holders to learn about participating merchants and their offers.
- We will include basic disclaimer language on each card such as “Some exclusion may apply. Offers subject to change.”
- Each participating merchant will receive a window decal for their business or storefront declaring their participation in the La Jollalty Card Program.
- We will host small-group meetings to further explain the program as well as answer any questions you may have.